One social media platform that has become quite the rage for people in all parts of the globe is Pinterest. This platform allows its users and digital marketers a chance to promote their products or services and explore interesting topics through videos or imagery. It has also become an effective method for business owners to market their brand together with reliable Indianapolis social media agencies who are fully aware of its large population of potential customers and its visual-focused feature. Research has shown that a significant percentage of Pinterest users have researched products they have seen on the platform and proceeded to purchase them, based on what they saw. Consequently, Pinterest has outshone other social media networks with regard to promoting a brand and making sales, making it even more popular among digital marketers.
Pinterest users can practice the same activities they do in other social media networks, such as following people they are interested in, adding comments and likes on people’s boards, or utilize interesting pins they find on their personal boards. Pinterest began by posting about various topics like home improvement, arts and crafts, cooking, gardening, and other things that most women were drawn to. Since then, it has reached out to people of all ages and genders, utilizing visuals to describe the lifestyles of Pinterest users. They make use of the platform to share what they find appealing and discover people who have similar or same likes.
Common Pinterest terms
- Pins: Pins refer to posts found on Pinterest. They may be pictures, infographics, or videos that contain a hyperlink. Pins can include titles or descriptions to keep them informative and worth clicking.
- Pinners: These are the people who use the platform to either save pins or posts images or pages they get from the internet.
- Promoted pins: They work similarly to organic pins except that they operate on CPC or cost-per-click. They are paid-for ads that Pinterest places where its users can quickly spot them.
- Rich pins: They work like standard pins but offer additional information that includes price, install buttons, ingredients for recipes, among others.
- Boards: A board on Pinterest functions like a folder. This folder is where pins are collected and organized for instructions, inspiration, or review information. Pinterest boards have specific titles so users can keep related pins or content together. They are also useful for followers who can browse through pins they find interesting.
- Re-pins: They work in the same way that a share button does on other social platforms. It occurs when users pin another person’s content on their personal board.
The following are the steps involved in creating a Pinterest business account.
Set up the business account
A business account is the first thing that a business owner should set up to attract potential customers and increase conversions on Pinterest. A current personal account can even be changed to a business account, preferably with a username that is SEO-friendly as it is included in the URL of the company’s profile. A business account allows the company to access Pinterest’s marketing content and helps generate more sales.
1. Include essential information on the business profile
The Pinterest business profile should provide users with essential information about the company. Potential customers may not understand the benefits of the products offered because of the lack of vital details on the business profile. Additionally, a company logo will be useful for users to locate pins and save them. Contact information must also be provided for interested users. Because a business bio can only contain 160 characters, web owners with the help of experts from the likes of an Indianapolis social media agency can fill in the most relevant details that Pinterest users are looking for.
Provide specific descriptions
Pinterest SEO needs comprehensive descriptions. They should have target keywords to assist the platform in locating and displaying the images related to the searches of users. These descriptions offer Pinterest users a clear idea of the company’s products or services and are an essential factor in whether they are worth studying and purchasing.
2. Keep boards organized and optimized
Optimizing boards involves including relevant keywords found on the platform’s search bar. Keywords should be applied to the title of the board, and must also include the detailed descriptions for easy navigation and help users with their searches. Organized boards make the process of finding their content simpler for Pinterest users.
For digital marketers who have not used Pinterest as a platform for their marketing efforts, there is no better time to start than now. Pinterest users increase each day, and the potential is there for businesses to grow. By partnering with a reputable Indianapolis social media agency, an online business can make full use of Pinterest to gain a following and be more profitable.