As we have recommended multiple times, it is often better to prevent a problem than to deal with its consequences. This goes the same for burnout and damage to car silencers.
Whenever possible, a car driver should minimize the likelihood of such situations occurring. For doing this, it is enough to adhere to a few simple rules of prevention.
- Always keep a check on the condition of the car silencer. Most of the time, a visual inspection is enough. It is impossible to monitor the condition of any part purely by some sensors. This makes a visual inspection of the external condition mandatory. If you can find the first malfunction symptoms, it will be much easier to contact some car service in Pune and cheaply solve the problem.
- Always remember to wash the car silencer periodically. Since it is made of alloy and not always stainless steel, it is prone to accumulate dirt, water, snow, and waste scattered on the roads, which can accelerate its destructive processes. Also, corrosion is a very fast process that can easily cover more and more areas of the car parts, leading to the presence of notable rust, more rapid damage, and the appearance of cracked holes. Regular cleaning will allow you to knock down this dirt, flush out hazardous chemicals and extend the life of the car silencer.
- Keep anti-corrosive mixtures ready. Most of the time, a car silencer comes coated with anti-corrosive material from the production stage. However, due to wear and tear, it fades out and gradually deteriorates. It can adversely affect the effectiveness of anti-corrosion solutions, and metal becomes susceptible to the formation of corrosion. Periodic renewal of the protective layer will prevent rust and will significantly extend the operational period.
- Always use a spiral tube. It is a great protective measure. It is installed between the manifold and the silencer body. It provides additional retention from unwanted vibrations, eliminates friction, and decreases the car silencer operating temperature.
- Adopt a careful driving style. Often, problems with a silencer arise not due to burnouts, rust, or high temperatures but mechanical damage. Sometimes, a car owner can run into solid objects and hit the bottom against the coating due to holes formed in the exhaust system. It is impossible to avoid such situations completely. However, if you are careful while driving, properly avoid holes and minimize the car’s operation in conditions not intended for it. In that case, the likelihood of such situations will significantly decrease.
If you follow the above precaution, you can easily avoid the replacement and hot welding of your car silencer.
Sometimes non-welding methods are really effective and provide a stable solution to your problem. Thousands of car owners actively use these methods in Pune. The only thing you need to do is rationally choose a repair method and strictly adhere to the rules for using an especial tool. If the problem is not in your reach, you can always order a car service at home in Pune and get everything fixed in front of your eyes.
If you are stuck in a situation where sealants, cold welding or tape will not help due to too large-scale damage, then the only correct solution would be to substitute the silencer completely. Just try to select quality parts with a warranty that do not provoke similar troubles in the next few years.